(Any level player welcome, but MUST be able to play already)
We are delighted to announce chess club is continuing over the board (OTB) for the autumn term 2021. If you would like to continue or join chess club, complete the form below and click and use the PayPal payment option lower down this page to pay their chess club membership fees.
Help save the Cleves Intermediate Too Chess Club as it is going to close if we do not get more members so please JOIN NOW.
Please note if your child misses any sessions due to illness, school trips, etc. we cannot refund these.
Chess Club will run every Friday from 4.45pm to 5.45pm on the following eleven dates:
- First session: 17th September 2021.
- September 2021; 24.
- October 2021; 1, 8, 15.
- November 2021; 5, 12, 19, 26.
- December 2021; 3, 10.
- Final Session: 10th December 2021.
Please Note: There is no Session 22 October – INSET day or 29 October 2021 – half term.
Updated COVID-19 Safety Measures:
- The chess room has moved to the Science room (next to the Art room).
- Children to walk directly to chess club once dismissed from their class – no wandering off or ‘hanging around’.
- GAP staff will deliver and collect any pupils that attend the chess club so pupils must register with them first before coming to chess club with a GAP member of staff.
- Children may use hand sanitiser for cleaning their hands upon entry.
- Children to keep all bags and belongings with them at their seat.
- Children to not get up from their seat to wander around the room or view their chess board from a different angle.
- If children need the toilet, they should raise their hand.
- Only one child allowed to the toilet at a time.
- Upon returning from the W.C. children will be offered more sanitiser for their hands by Mrs Billington-Phillips before entering the chess room.
- Parents are to WAIT OUTSIDE the exit to the Science room.
- Children will be offered hand sanitiser by Mrs Billington-Phillips for cleaning their hands upon departure of the chess room.
- Children will be queuing in the Science room with Mrs Billington-Phillips who will dismiss the children one at a time once their parent can be seen.
Payment for memberships are due for the whole term (£8.70 x 12 = £104.40):
- The early bird rate is only available until the start of half term, 29th October 2021.
- Payments received after this date receive a late payment charge of £20 at the discretion of the organisers.
- Your child’s chess club membership will continue indefinitely term by term until you inform us if he/she wishes to cancel their membership.
- In order to cancel membership, we need a half term’s written notice and an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please complete the form below to apply. When completing the form remember to click <SEND> as this will complete your child’s registration for a place in the chess club.
Cleves Intermediate Too Chess Club in the Autumn Term 2021 Early Bird Rate
Membership Fees for Cleves Intermediate Too Chess Club in the Autumn Term 2021 Early Bird Rate Eleven Lessons
E-J Billington-Phillips (Mrs)