Chess Entries for All. Com
Club Membership/ Event, Course or Coaching ApplicantAgreement:
When an applicant joins a club, takes part in a chess tournament, attends a chess course or attends a coaching session, the organiser will:
- Provide sets, boards, clocks, scoresheets, pencils and any other material necessary for the playing or learning chess.
- Ensure the atmosphere is favourable for the playing and learning of chess appropriate to its members.
- Oppose disagreeable behaviour by anybody that does not allow others to fully play, learn and enjoy their chess.
- Create an environment which is disciplined and supportive where individuals respect each other and the organisers.
- Prevent and tackle bullying, harassment or abuse of any kind.
- Contact parents with regard to any problems concerning their child(ren)’s behaviour or attitude.
- Be available to speak directly or via email to parents/ guardians with regard to their chid(ren)’s progress and ability or any other matters regarding their chess club membership.
- Maintain a safeguarding procedures & policy which is available here.
- Ensure mobile phones are not used by anybody (players or staff) while chess is in progress with the exception of the coach/ arbiter needing to use web data to access the internet. If staff, coaches, arbiters, etc. need to make personal calls, they will do so outside the classroom or in between rounds.
- Photos may be taken for use on the website unless parents/ guardians inform us otherwise.
When an applicant joins a club, takes part in a chess tournament, attends a chess course or attends a coaching session, the Parent/ Guardian will:
- Pledge that my child(ren) is aware of the importance of a high standard of behaviour and the need to respect others (including coaches, staff, arbiters, etc.) the premises and the equipment.
- Encourage my child(ren) who are members of a club to play and study chess regularly and compete in tournaments.
- Support the club’s coach/ event staff in their disciplinary measures as required as a vital setting for the successful teaching of chess in a club environment or playing of chess in a competition.
- Accept reasonable sanctions and disciplinary measures taken by the club, course or competition organisers in the event of a misdemeanour involving my child.
- Inform when applying for an event, course or club membership if your child(ren) have medical conditions organisers need know of and if you DO NOT wish your child(ren) to be photographed.
When an applicant joins a club, takes part in a chess tournament, attends a chess course or attends a coaching session, the applicant will:
- Discuss the membership agreement with my Parent/ Guardian.
- Agree their entry into a tournament, club or course shows that they support the statements contained in it.
Work hard and play hard to improve and enjoy their chess, accept any disciplinary measures, respect others, look after the equipment and venue and behave in a manner which aids the atmosphere conducive to the playing and studying of chess.
No application details given just an entry fee paid for Tournament/ Course/ Coaching Session:
The ChessEntriesforAll Administration Department will email the PayPal email address used to make the payment asking for details, however, if there is no reply to our email(s) and we are unable to source any application details then either:
- The applicant will be refunded at any point up to the closing date for entries or early bird entries (whichever comes first) subject to a £6 administration fee.
- Subsequent to this date forfeits the full entry/ application fee.
Withdrawal from a Tournament/ Course/ Coaching Session:
- An applicant may withdraw at any point up to the closing date for entries or early bird entries (whichever comes first) subject to a £6 administration fee.
- Withdrawal subsequent to this date forfeits the full entry/ application fee.
Cancelling School Club Membership:
- Members’ chess club memberships continue indefinitely term by term until ChessEntriesforAll is informed a member wishes to cancel their membership. In order to cancel membership ChessEntriesforAll need a half term’s written notice from the Parent/ Guardian, an email to email@example.com is sufficient.
- When a member wishes to cancel partway through a term and has not paid for said term, a payment will be due as below:
- Cancelling at the start of a term – a half term fee is due, membership will cease at the end of the first half term.
- Cancelling partway through the first half of a term – the full term’s fee is due, membership will cease at the end of the second half of term.
- Cancelling at half term – the full term’s fee is due, membership will cease at the end of the second half of term.
- Cancelling partway through the second half of a term – a full term plus a half term fee is due (half term of the following term) membership will cease at the end of the first half of the following term.
- Cancelling at the end of a term – a full term (for the one just ended) and a half term fee is due (half term of the following term), membership will cease at the end of the first half of the following term.
- Please note the early bird rate is only available until half term. Payments received after this date receive a late payment charge of £20.
To download a copy of our Terms & Conditions Click here