Fantastic news: Chess club is to return for year 4, 5 and 6 children (sorry no year 3 – until after half term). If you would like to continue or join chess club in the autumn term 2020, please complete the form below and use the correct payment option located lower down this page to pay their chess club membership fees. When selecting payment option, please ensure this is correct and remember to click <Submit> as this will complete your child’s registration and place in the chess club. Places are limited and we currently have only 2 spaces remaining.
Chess Club will be held every Friday from 3.20pm to 4.40pm on the following eight dates at the early bird rate of £8.50 per session:
- First session: 16th October 2020
- October 2020; 23.
- November 2020; 6, 13, 20, 27.
- December 2020; 4.
- Final Session: 11 December 2020.
Please Note: There is no Session 30 October 2020 as it is half term.
New COVID-19 Safety Measures which must be strictly adhered to if chess club is to continue:
- The chess room is the classroom located at the front of the sports halls building.
- Children to walk directly to chess club once dismissed from their class – no wandering off or ‘hanging around’.
- GAP staff will deliver and collect any pupils that attend the chess club so pupils must register with them first.
- Children MUST enter the chess room though the foyer using only the front entrance to the building as other entrances and exits are reserved specifically for other clubs.
- When entering the club, please queue in a socially distanced manor.
- Each child will be given hand sanitiser by Mrs Billington-Phillips for cleaning their hands upon entry.
- Once hands are sanitised children to be directed to their seat by Mrs Billington-Phillips.
- Children to keep all bags and belongings with them at their seat.
- Children to not get up from their seat to wander around the room or view their chess board from a different angle.
- If children need the toilet, they should raise their hand and are to use the sports hall toilets which will be shared with the karate club so please keep your distance.
- Only one child allowed to the toilet at a time.
- Upon returning from the W.C. children will be given more sanitiser for their hands before entering the room.
- Parents please ensure you DO NOT ENTER THE SCHOOL SITE UNTIL 4.35 PM.
- Parents to come onsite via the main Reception gate (entrance 4).
- Parents are to WAIT OUTSIDE the entrance to the foyer at the front of the sports halls building while social distancing.
- Please ensure you and your child(ren) social distance from others upon arrival and departure.
- Children will be given hand sanitiser by Mrs Billington-Phillips for cleaning their hands upon departure of the chess room.
- Children will be queuing in the foyer with Mrs Billington-Phillips who will dismiss the children one at a time once their parent can be seen.
- Parent and child must LEAVE THE SCHOOL SITE ONCE REUNITED IMMEDIATELY.
Payment for memberships are due for the whole term (£8.50 x 8 = £68.00), in full by the end of half term, 23 October 2020:
- Please note the early bird rate is only available until 31 October 2020. Payments received after this date receive a late payment charge of £20 at the discretion of the organisers.
- Your child’s chess club membership will continue indefinitely term by term until you inform us if he/she wishes to cancel their membership. In order to cancel membership, we need a half term’s written notice and an email to email@example.com.
For more information click below:
n.b. The later advanced chess club also held at Cleves School has its own page called “Weybridge Tough Chess Club”.
To apply, complete your details below and click <Submit> then make your payment using the payment button:
Thank you! Now make your payment using the payment button below:
Cleves Intermediate/ Advanced Chess Club Autumn Term 2020
Autumn Term 2020 Chess Club Fees Fridays 3.20pm – 4.20pm. Early Bird Rate.
E-J Billington-Phillips (Mrs)