Fantastic news: Now we are all in a third lockdown which is scheduled to last until at least February half term. Therefore, we have begun our chess club through zoom.us and lichess.org. Places are limited and we currently have 10 spaces remaining.
If you would like to continue or join chess club online in the spring term 2021, please complete the form below and make your payment using the PayPal link located lower down this page to book your child’s place. Please note if you have missed sessions we can refund these.
Online Chess Club will be held every Friday from 3.30pm to 4.15pm followed by matches/ practice with the coach/ fun games on the following eleven dates at the early bird rate of £8.50 per session:
- First session: 8th January 2021.
- January 2021; 15, 22, 29.
- February 2021; 5, 12, 19, 26.
- March 2021; 5, 12, 26.
- Final Session: 26 March 2021.
Please Note: There is no Session 19 March 2021 as it is parent consultation day.
New COVID-19 Safety Measures which must be strictly adhered to if chess club is to continue:
- The chess room is the classroom located at the front of the sports halls building.
- Children to walk directly to chess club once dismissed from their class – no wandering off or ‘hanging around’.
- GAP staff will deliver and collect any pupils that attend the chess club so pupils must register with them first.
- Children MUST enter the chess room though the foyer using only the front entrance to the building as other entrances and exits are reserved specifically for other clubs.
- When entering the club, please queue in a socially distanced manor.
- Each child will be given hand sanitiser by Mrs Billington-Phillips for cleaning their hands upon entry.
- Once hands are sanitised children to be directed to their seat by Mrs Billington-Phillips.
- Children to keep all bags and belongings with them at their seat.
- Children to not get up from their seat to wander around the room or view their chess board from a different angle.
- If children need the toilet, they should raise their hand and are to use the sports hall toilets which will be shared with the karate club so please keep your distance.
- Only one child allowed to the toilet at a time.
- Upon returning from the W.C. children will be given more sanitiser for their hands before entering the room.
- Parents please ensure you DO NOT ENTER THE SCHOOL SITE UNTIL 4.35 PM.
- Parents to come onsite via the main Reception gate (entrance 4).
- Parents are to WAIT OUTSIDE the entrance to the foyer at the front of the sports halls building while social distancing.
- Please ensure you and your child(ren) social distance from others upon arrival and departure.
- Children will be given hand sanitiser by Mrs Billington-Phillips for cleaning their hands upon departure of the chess room.
- Children will be queuing in the foyer with Mrs Billington-Phillips who will dismiss the children one at a time once their parent can be seen.
- Parent and child must LEAVE THE SCHOOL SITE ONCE REUNITED IMMEDIATELY.
Payment for memberships are due for the whole term (£8.50 x 10 = £85.00), in full by 31 January 2021:
- Please note the early bird rate is only available until 31 January 2021. Payments received after this date receive a late payment charge of £20 at the discretion of the organisers.
- Your child’s chess club membership will continue indefinitely term by term until you inform us if he/she wishes to cancel their membership. In order to cancel membership, we need a half term’s written notice and an email to email@example.com.
Please complete the form below to apply. When completing the form remember to click <Send> as this will complete your child’s registration for a place in the chess club.
Cleves Intermediate Chess Club Spring Term 2021
Cleves Intermediate Chess Club Payment for Spring Term 2021. Early Bird Rate.
For more information click below:
n.b. The later advanced chess club also held at Cleves School has its own page called “Weybridge Tough Chess Club”.
E-J Billington-Phillips (Mrs)